About us :
At kotmo, we locally develop and market promotional products for businesses that care about their environmental and social impacts. With our B Corp certification, we believe in a different kind of business that puts people, planet and profits on the same level. All our products are made in Quebec and respect high environmental standards.
Roles and responsibilities
Reporting directly to the production manager, the buyer must develop good relations with suppliers. She must launch productions, ensure that they run smoothly, that product quality is maintained and that deadlines are met. She also has the mandate to find new suppliers, negotiate with them and transmit information to the team. The ideal candidate is human, organized and resourceful. He/she has good communication skills, participates actively in team cohesion and shows empathy and benevolence towards the people he/she works with.
- Negotiate payment terms and agreements with suppliers at the best possible cost without losing sight of quality, supplier reliability and the urgency of the need.
- Maintain long term relationships with suppliers and perform appropriate follow-ups.
- Analyze inventory levels and product requests to determine replenishment points and stocking levels, ensuring product availability and minimizing inventory and ordering costs.
- Contact and investigate suppliers when purchased products are deemed unacceptable or defective; find solutions to meet customer expectations.
- Research and contact suppliers to find new products and brands for future needs.
- Enter all product information into the system, including pricing, product description, inventory, etc.
- Write and track purchase orders.
- Perform invoice verification in accordance with customer invoices.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a buyer
- Have a good command of English and French, both written and spoken.
- Be a proactive person and constantly be in solution mode
- The person must have a high capacity for problem solving, analytical, organized and meticulous.
- The person must be good at negotiation
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills or abilities: be firm, diplomatic, reliable, persuasive, trustworthy, diligent, flexible, thoughtful, objective and empathetic.
- Experience in the manufacturing field (asset)
- Sense of priorities and solution oriented
- Dynamic, team-oriented and detail-oriented
Benefits of working at kotmo
- Salary range: $45,000 to $50,000 depending on experience
- 4 weeks of vacation upon hiring
- Group insurance from 3 months
- 35h/week (Friday PM off)
- An entrepreneurial culture based on collaboration, communication and transparency;
- Flexible work schedule and hybrid work mode (office and telecommuting);
- Training and coaching in a stimulating work environment;
- Cell phone provided and expense account;
- Social, charitable and sports activities;
- Office closed between Christmas and New Year's Day (paid vacations in addition to vacation);
- 3 days of flexible leave ( illness, mental health ) ;
- A health and wellness program.
Interested? Send us an email at ad[email protected] with your resume and cover letter before April 1st!
* The use of the feminine gender has been used to facilitate the reading